Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cluster Names

I have a basic segmentation model that uses the clustering algorithm. I've renamed the clusters in the cluster diagram, but they still show up as Cluster 1-n in the dimension browser and in the cube browser.

After renaming the clusters, I did a full reprosses on the data mining dimension and on the linked cube. Can anyone tell me what else I need to do to use the new cluster names in the report?

Thanks

A full reprocess of the DM dimension and the linked cube should do the trick - in fact, you don't really need to reprocess the cube with the linked DM dimension. Are you sure the reprocess completed successfully and you refreshed the dimension/cube browsers?|||

Yes. I tried it again with the same results. I noticed that when I opened the project that the cluster names that I entered were gone. The model had Cluster 1-10 again. I renamed them again, saved the .dmm file, reprocessed the dimension (full, successful), and reconnected in the browser. It still shows Cluster 1-10. I tried re-processing the model. That resets the cluster names in the model viewer.

Thanks for your help Raman.

|||

Renaming clusters in the viewer directly updated the model on the server - there is no need to reprocess the model. What you're seeing still looks like a client refresh issue.

What version of the Analysis Services 2005 and client tools (BI Dev Studio) are you running? RTM or SP1? Would you be able to provide complete repro steps for this problem?

|||

SP1, using BIDS to browse

In trying to re-create the problem in AdventureWorks, I found that changing the cluster names worked. I noticed the AllowDrillthrough setting in the AW cluster model was set to True. After changing that property in my project, the cluster names showed in the dimension. This seems to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help Raman.

sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment