Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cluster testing

I need to setup a 2 node cluster for testing.
I have 2 identical servers running Win2k3, but I have a question about the
shared disk device.
For the shared disk can I use a NAS device, one that connects thru a cat5,
or do I need a device that uses scsi?
Remember this is for a short term test.
Thanks
SQL Clustering won't support NAS. SCSI would work, but why not try Virtual
Server 2005? That works great!
Cheers,
Rod
MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering
http://msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
"dutch" <dutch@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2CCAEA46-6F5F-44D6-86A1-5BBAD07F8B18@.microsoft.com...
>I need to setup a 2 node cluster for testing.
> I have 2 identical servers running Win2k3, but I have a question about the
> shared disk device.
> For the shared disk can I use a NAS device, one that connects thru a cat5,
> or do I need a device that uses scsi?
> Remember this is for a short term test.
> Thanks
sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment