Saturday, February 25, 2012

Client-side xml updates and commits

Hi, I've been digging through online docs to see if SQLXML can do what I'm
hoping, and articles say it can, but not how...
My SQL database has regular relational tables, which I'd like to query
through xpath from a C# app, get the data returned to an XmlDocument (or
XPathDocument, but not a DataSet, which I found a sample for), use XPath to
make changes to the XmlDocument, and then commit the changes back to the SQL
tables.
The bottom of this page:
http://blogs.sqlxml.org/bryantlikes/...10/29/200.aspx regarding
Whidbey features, says "XmlAdapter - like SqlDataAdapter, fills an
XPathDocument from SQL Server, updates the changes back to SQL Server using
autogenerated update statements. Very nice!" which sounds like exactly what
I'm looking for, but searching for more information on "XmlAdapter" just
brings up a bunch of FoxPro stuff. Maybe this feature has been renamed in
the almost two years since that blog post - can anyone point me to current
documentation or samples on how to go about this? I can use SQL 2005 if
needed.
Thanks,
Roger
Hi,
This feature of XML adapter which you have been looking for is not available
in SQL server 2005 beta2.
refer to this link for more info.
http://www.aspnetdev.de/ClassReferen...mlAdapter.aspx
Thanks
"Roger W." wrote:

> Hi, I've been digging through online docs to see if SQLXML can do what I'm
> hoping, and articles say it can, but not how...
> My SQL database has regular relational tables, which I'd like to query
> through xpath from a C# app, get the data returned to an XmlDocument (or
> XPathDocument, but not a DataSet, which I found a sample for), use XPath to
> make changes to the XmlDocument, and then commit the changes back to the SQL
> tables.
> The bottom of this page:
> http://blogs.sqlxml.org/bryantlikes/...10/29/200.aspx regarding
> Whidbey features, says "XmlAdapter - like SqlDataAdapter, fills an
> XPathDocument from SQL Server, updates the changes back to SQL Server using
> autogenerated update statements. Very nice!" which sounds like exactly what
> I'm looking for, but searching for more information on "XmlAdapter" just
> brings up a bunch of FoxPro stuff. Maybe this feature has been renamed in
> the almost two years since that blog post - can anyone point me to current
> documentation or samples on how to go about this? I can use SQL 2005 if
> needed.
> Thanks,
> Roger
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment