Friday, February 24, 2012

Client Tools

Hello,
I have just Installed SQL Server 2005 on windows 2003 OS.
Is there any client tools like Query Analyzer of SQL server 2000 through which i can connect to the server and fire my queries? Where do I find that tool...

Thanks,
siajThis post is more apropos for the

Microsoft Technical Forums SQL Server SQL Server Tools General


group.

You can use SQL Server Enterprise Manager to issue queries. Click the "New Query" button. There is also a new command-line tool called SQLCMD.

Regards|||Thanks Dibble. I hv iinstalled the June CTP version of SQL Server 2005. I couldnt find any thing Like Enterprise Manager. M I misssing something ?
Where do I get that ? The closest thing I hv is SQl Server Configuration Manager.

Thanks,
siaj|||Siaj,
The functionality of Enterprise Manager & Query Analyser have been rolled into 1 tool - SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
I'm sticking my neck out here but I don't think there's anything you can do in Enterprise Manager that you can't do in SSMS.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment