Friday, February 24, 2012

Client/Server Connection

Hi ;

I m trying to create Merge Replication. I was able to create the
replication on the same machine, however my aim is to use client
machine and do all the neessary work on the client machine and then
synchronize to the server. Thus, I have installed client version of SQL
2000, I connected to the database server, the thing is when I go off
line I lose connection. Is there any way to create the subscription in
to the client machine as an off line user then synchronize it ?Or DO I
have create my shopshot on the client machine?
If someone can help me I would really appreciate

Regards
AsI think the problem is with how you are connecting to the server.
Instead of using the network name when you register the server, use
<local> or '.' Your subscription must be created on the server.

No comments:

Post a Comment