Saturday, February 25, 2012

Clogged Database?

Hi,
I am having a really strange situation in my database, where a table
seems "clogged" until I manually insert a row to that table using
Enterprise Manager.
I have MSMQ set up so that it receives transactions pending for
insertion. When someone complains that is not seeing data in the apps, i
see that the MSMQ is loaded with data. As part of the troubleshooting, i
start testing connnections and test queries to diagnose the problem.
However, as soon as I insert a row to the problematic table, the MSMQ
empties agaig
Can you please give me some light regarding this problem'
Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.
--eval
Until then The database starts timing outHave you looked to see if someone is blocking the table? It's possable you
began a transaction with EM some how and didn't commit it. I have seen
similiar issues when people use EM to view the rows and if you touch any of
the data it can put a lock that you are not aware of.
--
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"eval" <eval@.eval.com> wrote in message
news:%23wL3JUj0EHA.3840@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I am having a really strange situation in my database, where a table seems
> "clogged" until I manually insert a row to that table using Enterprise
> Manager.
> I have MSMQ set up so that it receives transactions pending for insertion.
> When someone complains that is not seeing data in the apps, i see that the
> MSMQ is loaded with data. As part of the troubleshooting, i start testing
> connnections and test queries to diagnose the problem. However, as soon as
> I insert a row to the problematic table, the MSMQ empties agaig
> Can you please give me some light regarding this problem'
> Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.
> --eval
> Until then The database starts timing out|||Actually it has happened sporadically in the past several weeks, and
happens when no one is connected to the database (usually very early in
the morning).
Andrew J. Kelly wrote:
> Have you looked to see if someone is blocking the table? It's possable you
> began a transaction with EM some how and didn't commit it. I have seen
> similiar issues when people use EM to view the rows and if you touch any of
> the data it can put a lock that you are not aware of.
>|||"eval" <eval@.eval.com> wrote in message
news:elZKNlj0EHA.4028@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Actually it has happened sporadically in the past several weeks, and
> happens when no one is connected to the database (usually very early in
> the morning).
>
Next time it happens, before you do your "fix" check for blocking.
At the very least a sp_who2 may give you some useful info.
> Andrew J. Kelly wrote:
> > Have you looked to see if someone is blocking the table? It's possable
you
> > began a transaction with EM some how and didn't commit it. I have seen
> > similiar issues when people use EM to view the rows and if you touch any
of
> > the data it can put a lock that you are not aware of.
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment