Saturday, February 25, 2012

cloneing?

I have a merge replication that is really fouled up. I need to get things
back in order. Right now I have three offices working on the database
locally(no replication going on) At the end of the day I want to get all of
the new data back to the publisher so we can create a new snapshot. I was
told by the software vendor of the interface of the database to clone
without hostnames or supporting records. I am kinda at a loss as to what
that means. I see that I can export the data to another server and choose to
append the data, is that what he meant? Any help would be very much
appreciated.
Curt
I suggest you contact the vendor and ask him exactly what he means. Say you
did a search on BOL one clone, cloning and supporting records and came up
with no results.
If you do a reinitialization you will be prompted to upload the changes from
the subscribers before reinitializing. Perhaps this is what the vendor
meant.
I suggest before you even do this you go through the conflicts table(s)
using the conflict viewer and resolve any conflicts.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Curt Shaffer" <curt@.chilitech.net> wrote in message
news:ch4k8c01hif@.enews3.newsguy.com...
> I have a merge replication that is really fouled up. I need to get things
> back in order. Right now I have three offices working on the database
> locally(no replication going on) At the end of the day I want to get all
of
> the new data back to the publisher so we can create a new snapshot. I was
> told by the software vendor of the interface of the database to clone
> without hostnames or supporting records. I am kinda at a loss as to what
> that means. I see that I can export the data to another server and choose
to
> append the data, is that what he meant? Any help would be very much
> appreciated.
> Curt
>

No comments:

Post a Comment