Sunday, February 19, 2012

Client tools

Hi I am new to MSDE. I see that you can use Access Data Projects to setup
MSDE but don't see some of the tools I have seen in SQL Server enterprise
manager. (Forgive me if I ask some really elementary questions for a while).
I want to set up tables with unique PK's that auto-generate values. I
learned today that the IDENTITY column is the way to do this, but how do I
set up one of these columns from Access?
Thanks
hi,
archer wrote:
> Hi I am new to MSDE. I see that you can use Access Data Projects to
> setup MSDE but don't see some of the tools I have seen in SQL Server
> enterprise manager. (Forgive me if I ask some really elementary
> questions for a while).
> I want to set up tables with unique PK's that auto-generate values. I
> learned today that the IDENTITY column is the way to do this, but how
> do I set up one of these columns from Access?
> Thanks
unfortunately I'm not an Access guy...
perhaps you have to ask in Acces/Office public NG
but you can define that via Transact-SQL Code like
CREATE TABLE dbo.someTable (
ID int NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1) ,
other columns ...
)
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.12.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.58.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
|||In Access project, which is connected to the said database, open the said
table in design view, at bottom of table design view is table column
properties view, make "Identity" to "Yes".
"archer" <archer@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B9F59449-222B-45ED-86ED-47113B76D7EE@.microsoft.com...
> Hi I am new to MSDE. I see that you can use Access Data Projects to setup
> MSDE but don't see some of the tools I have seen in SQL Server enterprise
> manager. (Forgive me if I ask some really elementary questions for a
while).
> I want to set up tables with unique PK's that auto-generate values. I
> learned today that the IDENTITY column is the way to do this, but how do I
> set up one of these columns from Access?
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment