Friday, February 24, 2012

Client tools for 2005 Sept CTP

I haven't found a way to get the client tools for 2005 installed. After a full install of SQL Server 2005 Sept CTP, I don't have the Studio Management tool or whatever it is called. Can anyone help me here?

C-monkey,

We're experiencing the same issue here on a clean, new Win2K3 server with all the pre-req's. Getting the following message in the install log:

"Machine : xxxx
Product : Workstation Components, Books Online and Development Tools
Error : There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
--
Machine : xxxx
Product : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools CTP
Product Version : 9.00.1314.06
Install : Failed
Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_xxxx_Tools.log
Error Number : 1603
-- "
The message in the tools log reads:

"Property(S): SOURCEDIR = E:\SQL Install\Tools\Setup\
Property(S): SourcedirProduct = {1DD463C0-A50A-4394-B7E4-5895C02F9E0D}
MSI (s) (94:58) [17:30:12:946]: Note: 1: 1729
MSI (s) (94:58) [17:30:12:946]: Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools CTP -- Configuration failed."

Questions:
What is error number 1603 and Note: 1: 1729 ?
Could the SourcedirProduct = {1DD463C0-A50A-4394-B7E4-5895C02F9E0D} be duplicated somewhere on the server?

Any info appreciated!

|||Yeah, I did a clean install of Win2k3 as well. It really sucks but this problem, in addition to my other programmers having problems getting team system features running on their client, will cause me to format this server *again* and go back to Beta 2 bits. Wish I could wait a month and get the final releases.

Anyone know when those will show up on MSDN?
|||C-M,

No clue as to when the 'real' version will be available. Our MS rep says Nov. 7 and no earlier.

I tried to open a support call today and was told beta products don't have a live support team available until after the official roll-out. Was told I could send an email to support, but I can't seem to find anyplace that looks appropriate to send one.

Will post again if I get anywhere with this......

LMS|||Looks like Oct 14th will be an awesome day...

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=122324
|||I had a similar problem with the iso download. When I downloaded the "self-extracting" install package, *this* problem went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment